Since this was originally posted I have become even more committed to getting Hillary Clinton elected as the next President. The decisive nature of Donald Trump and any of the Republicans that follow him should be a major concern. The Republican Party is known for using fear as their main campaign tactic, however, intolerance and lack of compassion for anyone different themselves should not be tolerated.
Since this was posted some 6 months ago, I have attended the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. It was an appropriate location since it is the city of brotherly love and sisterly affection. In short Hillary Clinton has the experience and the compassion to lead our nation. I am still with her and I believe you should be too. Read the contents of detail below and then find your local campaign office at hillaryclinton.com.
“Didn’t Bill Clinton sign the three-strikes bill into law?’ This was a question asked by a friend when I was advising that I support former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for President of the United States. My response is as follows along with a summary of just 10 of the many reasons why I support Hillary Rodham Clinton for President of the United States.
First off yes former President Bill Clinton did sign a bill that included the three-strikes legislation; however, there were other components of the legislation to help benefit the Black community. But before I get into the other components during this time the Congressional Black Caucus unanimously supported the bill. Included in the legislation were rehabilitation reform for federal prisoners; expanded school hours to reduce time children of working parents are alone; and increased funding for urban police departments. This is just a few of the additional components of the legislation put into law in 1993.
Former President Clinton has indicated that he takes ownership of the three-strikes component of the legislation. It was a different time with extremely high crime rates but hindsight is 20/20. Now comes to the big news. In April 2015, the first issue that Hillary Clinton announced she would tackle is criminal justice reform and I applaud that fact. One it needs to be done and two who better to reform the three-strikes legislation signed into law by Bill Clinton.
I spent time in a few days in January with two of my sorority sisters Ohio Congresswoman Marcia L. Fudge and former Secretary of Labor Alexis Herman. They both gave insights into the Clintons that reminded me why I liked them and who they are to the core.
Yes, in 2008 there were some ugly things said during the Democratic Primary campaign toward then Sen. Barack Obama. However, President-Elect Obama selected then Senator Clinton for the role of Secretary of State. The role she was placed in made her his representative to the role…so I believe he has gotten pass any name calling. So we his supporters should do the same. In addition, without disrespecting the process, President Obama has hinted that he supports Hillary Clinton. She is the hope to keep the legacy he has begun going.
Finally, Hillary Clinton has fought for the poor and disenfranchised during law school and has never stopped. No she is not poor but do you need to be down and out to understand, I don’t think so. The Kennedy’s are some of the biggest philanthropist and they have great wealth. The Clinton’s have always been involved in making the world better…. including creating the Clinton Global Initiative. Bernie Sanders has not been a major part of the Black community until this election. He is talking about things that will benefit us but money needed would be impossible to have his legislation pass.
Around the planet there are nations with female Presidents. Even in India. I think it is about time that we give a former Children’s Defense Fund lawyer, first Lady of Arkansas, first Lady of the US, NY Senator, & Secretary of State an opportunity to be President of the United States.
Below are some of the most important issues and challenges that she will take on. Including as mentioned above criminal justice reform.
- As former Secretary of State; U.S. Senator; First Lady (of the nation and Arkansas); Lawyer; and lifelong advocate for women and families, no one is more qualified to be President of the United States than Hillary Clinton.
- Hillary knows child care, equal pay, and paid leave are fundamental economic issues not merely women’s issues. She even sponsored legislation while in the senate around these issues [S.182 (110th); S.3609 (110th); & S.3635 (110th)].
- Our next President could name multiple appointments to the Supreme Court…and if the Senate pushes back on President Obama’s appointee to replace Associate U.S. Supreme Court Justice Scalia this will be sooner than later.
- Hillary will defend Planned Parenthood and women’s health care from Republican attacks.
- Hillary’s New College Compact would mean students would never have to borrow to pay for tuition to attend a four-year public college in their state_and the millions of Americans who have student debt can refinance.
- After decades of fighting for progressive issues (and 11 straight hours of testimony in front of a Republican-led congressional committee), she’s proved nobody can stand up to Republicans better than she can.
- It’s time to end for-profit private prisons in America.
- We need a President who will fight to restore the protections of the Voting Rights Act after they were gutted by the Supreme Court.
- She made LBGT rights a priority of the U.S. foreign policy.
- There are cities across the country that are already leading on climate change_so she’ll launch Clean Energy Challenge that will form new partnerships with states, cities, and rural communities.
There is so much more that I could write, however, I will summarize my desire for a President who will serve the best interest of liberals and conservatives. I want someone who can channel their anger into progress and positive negotiations. For example, when Congress blocked the initial efforts for Universal Healthcare during the 1990’s, she was able to negotiate to secure millions of children receive healthcare. I am seeking a change maker and not merely a change talker. These are just a few reasons why I support Hillary Rodham Clinton as the next President of the United States.
Now back to campaigning.
Source: Check out hillaryclinton.com for details on the issues.
Disclaimer: The advertisements shown below on this page are not endorsed by PaisleyPerspecitive LLC or PaisleyPerspective.com, they are independently selected by WordPress.com. Please make comments or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any offensive ads or videos.